Home made sweets make a very special present for any occasion. The following can be made with very little equipment and can look exceptionally professional with just a little practice and some care. They also make an ideal gift for fund raising an imaginative alternative to a madiera sponge.
- Marzipan fruit, marzipan stuffed dates, toasted marzipan, cherry and marzipan, chocolate dipped.
- Chocolate and nut fudge.
- Fruit fondants.
- Chocolates with a variety of centres.
- Marsh mallows
- Turkish delight
- Noisette cups
- Rolling pin
- dipping fork, (not essential)
- Sugar thermometer
- Heavy based saucepan, fixed base shallow baking pan,
- Sweet paper cases and foil cases
- Straining cloth or fine sieve
- A marble work surface is ideal ( a piece from a monumental mason is often readily available) but a metal baking sheet can be used wood surface is not suitable.
- Long handled spatula x 2
- pastry brushes x 2
- Rice paper for nougat.
- A metal scraper is useful.
You are now all set……